Now let’s quickly recap what you learned during this module:
- Feedback helps you realize your full potential.
- Consider what blind spots you may have, and use feedback to learn what others think about your approach.
- Develop a growth mindset, the goal is to better today than yesterday.
- Thoughts and feelings affect the way you receive feedback. Remember to take a step back, don’t fixate on negative or positive feedback, separate opinion and facts and always focus on the future.
- When giving feedback, remember to take time to prepare, focus on a friendly tone, use facts and concrete examples, listen and focus on the future.
Now that you know the basics of how to effectively give and receive feedback from others, the key is to keep reflecting on your style. Keep asking for feedback and taking small steps to improve the way you give and receive feedback. Share your feedback with others and build strong collaborative relationships. Remain informal and personable, and use your feedback as an opportunity for discussion.