We spoke with Rishabh Bhandari, founder and CEO of Content Beta, about how they use Synthesia to create compelling training videos.
Content Beta produces a big volume of product onboarding videos for various SaaS companies.
They have previously done these kind of videos with a combination of screen recordings and voiceovers.
This is an industry standard approach but it has 4 problems:
- Bad talking head quality: producing a quality recording of a “talking head” video for customers is really hard and time consuming.
- Lack of speed: Creating voice-overs meant to work with third-party vendors which stretched production processes significantly.
- Low flexibility: Re-editing video and script requires a retake of the voiceover. This prevents quick iteration and testing.
- Difficult to localise: Localisation of traditional video content is time-consuming, costly and difficult to scale.
In order to ensure their customers a quality experience, Rishabh and the team went looking for an alternative that allowed top-notch video content at scale.
With Synthesia, Content Beta can now dramatically speed up workflows and easily iterate the creative process.
Here's how the team creates videos today:
- They choose between 80+ high-definition AI Avatars as a talking head.
- They capture relevant content with Synthesia’s in-built screen recording feature.
- Once the script, slides and avatar are set, the video can be generated and is ready to go.
Below you can see an example of a Content Beta product video created with Synthesia (in less than an hour!):
Here are the main values of Synthesia that Rishabh advocates:
- Flexibility: Once created, a video can be easily updated at any time without having to start from scratch.
- Avatar quality: The AI avatars are rendered in the highest resolution and the voice quality is top notch. No more background noise, repetition or strange accents.
- Speed: Creating a video with Synthesia is much faster than recording a video traditionally.
- Ease of use: The platform is easy to use and includes all the necessary video editing features to create high-quality training videos without the need for additional tools.
Since using Synthesia, Content Beta's training video pipeline has been running smoother than ever:
💰 Costs: The team is able to save 15% of project cost since they don’t have to hire external voice producers.
⏱️ Time: By skipping the voice-over production step, they can create videos much faster.
I would recommend Synthesia to all L&D teams, SaaS companies and e-Learning developers. – Rishabh Bhandari, founder and CEO of Content Beta