Overlay text on video in just a few clicks
Adding text to video using Synthesia is as simple as two clicks. Add a text box, type in your text, play around with the text style and position - and you're done.
Add custom fonts and colors
Choose from a variety of font choices, or make your videos even more personalized by uploading custom fonts and colors for your text overlays.
Effortlessly sync text with voiceover
Sync the animated text with your voiceover perfectly by adding animation markers to your script.
How to add text to video
Open an existing Synthesia video file or create a new video from scratch or using a video template.
Click on 'Text' on top of the video editor, and choose to add a Heading, Subheading or Paragraph text box.
Personalize your text box by adding text animations, changing the text position, font style, font size or even uploading custom fonts.
Once you're done editing, simply download your video or share it.
Add text to video with Synthesia
Automatically add subtitles to your video content without having to type them out. The subtitles are automatically generated from your voiceover.
Add text overlays to the entire video, or just specific parts - you are in control over the text duration, placement, and look.
Easily download your video content in MP4 format, and upload it on social media, YouTube, or an LMS. Or just stream it on your laptop or mobile device.
Frequently asked questions
How to add text to videos?
Here's how you can add a text overlay on video with Synthesia:
- Open Synthesia and select an existing video file or create a new video from scratch.
- Click on the 'Text' option at the top of the video editor to add Heading, Subheading, or Paragraph text to your video.
- Customize the text box by adding text animations, adjusting the position, and changing the font style and size.
- Optionally, add subtitles automatically to your video.
- Download the edited video.
- Upload the video to the social media platform or Learning Management System (LMS) of your choice.
What is the best free software to add text to a video?
One of the best video editing tools to add words to video online is Synthesia. The AI text video editor allows you to easily add text to a video, adjust the text duration, customize text color, font size, and effortlessly sync the text animation to audio.Try Synthesia's free demo to test out the tool.