How BESTSELLER cuts 50% classroom time with AI video
BESTSELLER is a fashion company with 20,000 employees globally. The company offers its products in 70 markets across Europe, Asia, Americas, Oceania and Middle East – and globally via E-commerce. BESTSELLER operates almost 9,000 stores worldwide.
As a global organisation, BESTSELLER offers countless courses and sends trainers around the world to educate office workers and store staff. Jesper and Sidsel's job is to extend on-demand learning content on their Learning Experience Platform.
To make the experience engaging and effective, traditional video content is part of their toolbox. It’s well received, but it has its limitations:
- Untrained cast: Many people feel uncomfortable in front of the camera, so multiple takes are the norm before the footage is usable.
- Flexibility: It’s difficult to update videos once created, and it requires additional time and resources to recreate them.
- Hard to scale: Filming and production usually takes weeks, it's almost impossible to scale.
For a course with 11 videos, each take took a couple of hours. It's not easy to get in front of the camera and nail it the first time, especially if you're not used to it. - Jesper Bach, Learning Specialist at BESTSELLER
With Synthesia, the team now creates short training videos from their desks, making content production much faster and learning sessions more efficient.
Not only do they create training content from scratch, but they also convert classroom content into prep videos that participants complete before attending in-person workshops.
Here's how the team does it:
They get the script from community owners or trainers, paste it into Synthesia's script box, choose an avatar, make a few edits, and generate the video. After that, they upload the training video to the Learning Experience Platform.
Here's an example of what a finished video looks like:👇
What the team values most?
- Ease of use: The platform is intuitive and simple. The team started to produce high-quality learning content in the first week.
- Flexibility: Once created, a video can be easily updated at any time without having to start from scratch.
- Customer Care: A dedicated customer success team ensures a smooth onboarding process and that the team is successful in the long run.
It was really easy to get started with the tool, the barrier to entry is very low. - Sidsel Skov Kragsnæs, Digital Learning Specialist at BESTSELLER
Here are some of the results the team achieved:
- Optimized classroom training: AI preparation videos save participants 50% of their time in the classroom – leaving more time for social interactions.
- Content scaling: The team has created 250+ AI videos and added them to more than 50 online courses.
- Time savings: The team was able to cut video production time in half, allowing them to take on more projects and produce multiple videos in a single day.
We consistently get great feedback. Usually, our colleagues don't jump in the air when they hear e-learning, but the AI videos have sparked motivation that we haven't seen before. - Sidsel Skov Kragsnæs, Digital Learning Specialist at BESTSELLER
Jesper and Sidsel have further plans for AI video. Since creating videos is so simple, they wish to empower colleagues who desire to exchange knowledge to make videos themselves – all within Synthesia.