We spoke with Ann Stutler, Senior Manager of Training & Learning, and her team of instructional training specialists, Katie Sandoval, Jessica Sellers and Natalie Lienhart, about how they use Synthesia to create innovative training at DMG.
On the path to grow into a multi-billion-dollar enterprise by 2027, DMG identified the need for a modernised approach to their existing PowerPoint- and PDF-based training modules. Eager to engage their tech-savvy workforce and embody their innovative ethos, Ann and her team endeavoured to produce multi-modal learning experiences entirely in-house.
However, they faced difficulties with traditional video production:
- Experience: The team lacked extensive video editing experience, making the creation of animated, professional videos a skill-learning challenge
- Scalability: The process of recording presentations, merging videos and designing using various tools meant each video module was a 3-week task
- Time Constraint: In-house voiceover recording was time-consuming, often necessitating multiple takes, which increased the workload on the team
- Flexibility: Any required edits or updates meant starting the video creation process from scratch
As a training and learning department, we needed to be able to keep pace with the growth and change within the organisation, and help lead the organisation forward.”– Ann Stutler, Senior Manager of Training & Learning, DMG
In search of a user-friendly solution that could echo their commitment to speed, quality and cost-effectiveness, DMG chose Synthesia. With Synthesia, the team now creates professional videos with AI Avatars and voices on topics like operations, leadership, systems and sales training. These videos are all adaptable to a diverse audience.
High-quality and engaging videos are now possible without the need for Ann to hire an additional full-time video editor. Or, to outsource production.
Here’s what DMG appreciates most about Synthesia:
- Ease of Use: Synthesia's intuitive interface makes creating high-quality training videos easy, without the need for editing skills
- Flexibility: Once created, a video can be updated at any time, without having to start again
- AI Avatars & Voices: 140+ diverse stock AI Avatars and 120+ AI voices have brought an innovative and engaging edge to DMG’s training videos
- Cost Efficiency: An affordable, scalable alternative to recruiting full-time video editors
- Branded templates: Synthesia’s custom templates showcase what’s possible and speed up creation
“Synthesia’s AI voiceovers sold me instantly. They give us the ability to pivot and create video content much faster than before” - Jessica Sellers, Instructional Designer, DMG
With the help of Synthesia, DMG’s Training and Learning team has been able to produce meaningful and engaging video content that propels the company forward and equips employees with the crucial knowledge they need to succeed in their roles.
Their results speak for themselves:
- Accelerated Production: DMG now creates professional video content 80% faster
- Cost Savings: Synthesia’s professional video output has saved DMG the cost of hiring full-time video editors or outsourcing production
- Scale: In-house video creation with a single tool has enabled DMG to create over 300+ multi-modal learning experiences in just 6 months
- Engagement: Audience feedback has been very positive, leading to a noticeable increase in engagement and compliance across the company
“My first Synthesia video took me one hour to make. Before Synthesia, it would have taken me at least a week.” - Katie Sandoval, Instructional Designer, DMG