We spoke with Tiffiny Franklin, Digital Content Creator at Ocado Group, who told us how with Synthesia STUDIO, everyone on their team can now be a video creator, which helps them develop efficient video-based customer onboarding programs.
Tiffiny's team is dedicated to making customer training an experience on par with Ocado's products and services: High-tech, efficient and scalable.
That's why the team has begun updating its customer training programs, introducing eLearning tools, multimedia content, AR /VR and video content.
When the team looked at video, they faced a number of issues that made traditional video production unfeasible.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Cost: Lacking video production skills in the team would require expensive third-party providers, with an average price of $3,000 per finished minute.
- Translation: Localising training content was unscalable as it required additional resources.
- Flexibility: It would be nearly impossible to update the videos once created, and it would require additional time and effort to recreate the videos.
The Ocado team had to find another way to incorporate video content into their training programs. In Synthesia, they found what they were looking for. The ability to create high-quality video content at scale.
Thanks to Synthesia STUDIO, anyone can create training videos at Ocado without having to worry about cameras, lights, microphones and advanced video editing skills.
Here is how Tiffiny's team uses Synthesia STUDIO:
- They use Ocado brand guideline compliant templates to standardise content.
- They break down lengthy texts into bite-sized scripts.
- They translate the content.
- They add the script for each language to Synthesia STUDIO.
- They add screen recordings, images/videos and soundtracks.
And voilà, the training video is ready.
What are the 5 things Ocado’s team value most?
- Ease of use: It’s like having a video production studio, in a browser. Anyone can use Synthesia STUDIO, regardless of their experience with video production.
- Cost: Compared to hiring voice over actors or agencies, Synthesia STUDIO is cost-efficient, flexible and scalable.
- AI Avatars & Voices: The 140+ diverse stock AI Avatars and 120+ AI voices provide an easy way to create engaging, relatable video content without having to hire actors or record voiceovers.
- Localisation: Synthesia STUDIO can generate videos with 120+ languages and accents, allowing to reach new countries without leaving the desk.
- Flexibility: Ocado’s technology evolves quickly, which requires the content to be updated often. With Synthesia STUDIO, that’s just a click away.
Creating training content with Synthesia’s AI video creation platform, Tiffiny and the team saw impressive improvements:
- Videos at scale: Tiffany and her team have created 450+ videos - within a year.
- Localised content: The team creates all its training content in 4 languages allowing them to quickly expand into new markets and regions.
Tiffiny and her team look forward to expanding the use of Synthesia STUDIO as the company expands into more markets, which will require the creation of more training videos for customers.
As a result, Tiffiny can't wait to introduce Synthesia STUDIO to more colleagues in other Ocado Group departments and inspire them to create videos as well.