Why integrate Kickstarter with Synthesia?
A video is by far the best way to get a feel for a project's emotions, motivations, and character.
How do I add video to Kickstarter?
You can choose between embedding the video or uploading a video file.
- Now that you have your video link create a new project or select an existing project
- Use video to help tell your Story. Select "Story" and click "Add Video" in the Toolbar
- Paste in your Synthesia URL, and your video should automatically populate
- Click on Save, and your video will now appear on your Kickstarter page
For more detailed instructions on how to add a Synthesia video in Kickstarter, watch the video tutorial above 👆
Frequently Asked Questions
A Kickstarter video is a great way to introduce yourself and your project in a more memorable and engaging way. In fact, people retain 95% of a message delivered through video, vs. only 10% through text. So if you want to stand out from other projects on Kickstarter, video is the perfect format for the job.
Making a Kickstarter video doesn't have to be complicated and intimidating. As long as your message comes across as genuine and compelling, the video will serve its purpose.
We recommend including the following sections in your Kickstarter video to cover all the bases:
- who you are
- how your project came about
- what are you trying to achieve with your project
- ask people to contribute and explain what they'll get in return
Final tip: keep the videos short and to the point. Capture their attention right in the beginning and keep them engaged throughout the whole video.
The cost depends on what tools you're using and if you're doing it by yourself or using a video production company.
A video made by a traditional video production company can cost anywhere between $1000-$5000 per minute of finished video, so not exactly affordable.
If you have a good camera and microphone at home and know your way around a video editor, the video will cost you almost nothing. But, you do need to have a solid understanding of video production.
Lastly, you can use a tool like Synthesia to produce a video with a realistic AI avatar from text in minutes, with a starting cost of only $30/month.