We spoke with Ben Kirby, Global SVP Learning and Development at Teleperformance, to learn how his team uses Synthesia to develop eLearning videos on topics such as global compliance, quality assurance, career development and more.
When creating eLearning videos, the Teleperformance team used a mix of traditional video creation methods and course creation tools. However, the demand for eLearning videos quickly exceeded the production capabilities of the team.
Existing video creation processes became a bottleneck that slowed down the otherwise agile teams and the entire high-tech, high-touch philosophy at Teleperformance.
he main pain points of the current process were the following:
- Time & money: The traditional way of creating video is time consuming, costly and not scalable.
- Flexibility: Existing authoring tools and video editing tools aren't flexible enough, especially when it comes to speed of content production and translation of video content.
- Translation: Content localisation is time-consuming, costly and difficult to scale to all markets relevant to Teleperformance.
- Consistency: Standardising learning content becomes complicated at scale, especially when it comes to constantly updating curricula.
Looking for innovative ways to create high-quality content at scale that could be integrated with existing authoring tools, Ben and his team discovered Synthesia as the best solution that also fit Teleperfomance's ambitions for innovation and technology leadership.
Synthesia streamlined the onboarding process for Teleperformance's global training team to the platform so they could start creating videos after just one day of training.
From demo to adoption, it was the shortest amount of time I have ever spent with any technology at Teleperformance. That's a testament to the fact that people immediately saw the value in the solution and wanted to use it. Ben Kirby, Global SVP Learning and Development
With Synthesia STUDIO, Ben Kirby and his team create eLearning videos for different types of learners, from self-paced learning to assessment tools. Some of these modules use video to train employees with standalone content, while others are used to supplement training with instructors.
This is what Teleperformance’s team appreciates most:
- Ease of use: The platform is easy to use and includes all the necessary video editing features to create high-quality training videos without the need for additional tools.
- AI Avatars & Voices: The 80+ diverse stock AI Avatars and 65+ AI voices provide an easy way to create engaging, relatable video content without having to hire actors or record voiceovers.
- Flexibility: Once created, a video can be easily updated at any time, without having to start from the beginning.
- Localisation: Synthesia STUDIO can generate videos with 65+ languages and accents, allowing to reach new countries without leaving the desk.
- Cost: Compared to hiring actors, studios and video equipment, Synthesia STUDIO is cost-efficient, flexible and scalable.
Our +380.000 employees all over the world, no matter in which country, must have the same competence profile. Synthesia helps us develop engaging, relevant and localised training content at scale. - Ben Kirby, Global SVP Learning and Development
The team was able to simplify its workflow - from designing the individual elements of a video to working with the Synthesia STUDIO templates, which include placeholders for learning objectives, quizzes, and many other types of typical learning formats within the platform.
And the results speak for themselves:
- Video content production speed: Teleperformance team saves an average of 5 days per video compared to other authoring and video creation tools (in one language).
- Cost savings: The team saves up to $5,000/per video compared to traditional video creation and up to $650/per video compared to other video creation tools (in one language).
- Localisation: Teleperformance has also been able to create video content that reflects the diverse, international audience it serves.
- Standardisation: Using Synthesia STUDIO templates, the team is able to maintain the quality and visual design of the videos, making it easier to scale consistent and standardised content across +170 countries.
- Organisational transformation: Synthesia brings novelty and innovation to Teleperformance's eLearning content, resulting in increased learner engagement while contributing to the overall digitazation strategy of the company.
We have received great feedback from our users, and since we acquired the first group of licenses, we are constantly receiving requests for more information and licenses in other countries, as the professionalism and simplicity of the videos are clear to see. - Ben Kirby, Global SVP Learning and Development