Add an AI presenter to your explainer video
Make a professional explainer video with realistic AI-presenters generated from text. No need for actors, cameras or studios.
- 160+ realistic AI avatars
- Diverse and growing selection
- Custom avatars available
Generate an AI voiceover in seconds
Make an explainer video in any of our supported languages in seconds. Just type your text, and Synthesia will generate a voice over using text to speech.
- 120+ languages
- 400+ voices
- Closed captions included
Use explainer video templates
Simplify the design process and produce your video even faster with an explainer video template.
- 60+ explainer video templates
- Pre-designed templates
- Fully customizable
With Synthesia, you can an entire video from scratch in one tool. No video editing experience or professional video tools needed.
Create your own videos in just a few minutes in your browser. Edit and update your explainer videos at any time.
Add a personal touch to your custom explainer videos with our drag-and-drop functionality, free stock videos, add music, images, video clips, animation, transitions, and more.
Make stunning videos using professional templates. Choose from 60+ pre-designed templates, or start from scratch.
Choose from 160+ realistic AI presenters or create your own avatar. No actors or webcam needed.
Just type or paste in your explainer video script. We support 120+ languages. No microphone needed.
Make your video unique by adding stock or your own images, animation, music, transitions, screen recordings, and more.
Your AI video will be generated in just a few minutes. Translate, download or stream it after.
Your explainer video questions, answered
What is an explainer video?
The hint lies in the name itself. An explainer video is mainly used to explain a company's product, service or idea in a short video format. Explainer videos are mostly used for sales or as part of a marketing strategy, and are often featured on landing pages of websites and social media platforms.
Here's an example of a Synthesia explainer video.
How do you make explainer videos?
To make an explainer video, first think of what you want to achieve with the video and what message you want to send across. Then you can get into the video creation process itself, which involves 4 steps:
- Write a video script. Make sure you know exactly what to say and use the script to structure your video.
- Use video tools instead of a production company to simplify the process, and make it cost- and time-effective. A video maker like Synthesia allows you to create videos from text with realistic AI-avatars, saving you time, money, and nerves.
- Review your video clips to make sure the messaging is clear, and in line with what you want to achieve. Tweak your text, video templates, images or sound if necessary.
- Upload and track the performance. If in time you see that it needs to be changed, you can go back to your project in Synthesia, and quickly make edits to create an updated version. Just imagine how long this would take and how much it would cost using traditional video production!
How do I start an explainer video?
A good explainer video captures the viewer's attention right from the start, so make the first few seconds count! Here are 3 simple tips:
- Get to the point. In the beginning clearly outline a problem your product/service aims to solve, and introduce your product/service as the best solution to that problem.
- Make your messaging clear. Don't use ambiguous wording that will confuse viewers. Use simple and engaging language to make sure your message is understood.
- Make it visually appealing. A great explainer video should draw people in both with the message and with the way it looks. Use video styles in line with your branding, and keep it consistent throughout. Remember, less is more.
What is the best explainer video software?
To make an amazing explainer video, you need to find the best software. Luckily, you have a lot of choices: from animated explainer videos to simple whiteboard explainer videos, the choice is yours. You can even make an explainer video for free.
However, if you are looking for software that makes the video creation process easy, stress-free and scalable, without sacrificing on the quality, Synthesia might just be the world's simplest video maker. Why?
Because you can type in your script, choose an AI avatar and preferred voice, and Synthesia will generate a video that looks as realistic as if you were using a real human actor. In just minutes, we might add. You can customize the video with own pictures, shapes, backgrounds to produce an even more engaging video.
In contrast, an animated explainer video software might be easy to use, but the whiteboard animations and character animations often look too childish.