How Xerox Cut Video Production Costs by 50%
Xerox, a multinational document management corporation based in the United States, is known for its high-quality printers and other related services aimed at businesses of all sizes.
We spoke with Jason Etherington, Global L&D Sales Training Strategy Manager at Xerox, who has been using Synthesia for their sales enablement training.
Jason has been with Xerox for over 20 years and held pretty much every role in Learning & Development. He knows exactly which formats enable an engaging learning experience. For sales e-learning, video is the way to go. However, producing it comes with several limitations:
- Production costs: The cost of filming training videos was exceptionally high, especially as Xerox worked with external agencies.
- Difficult to localise: Finding voice over artists for a global organisation that operates in over 20 languages is both difficult and costly.
- Lack of flexibility: It would be nearly impossible to update the videos once created, and it would require additional time and resources to recreate the videos.
Relying on external agencies and hiring voice over actors in multiple language was extremely costly. So it would either mean stretching the budget or no video at all. - Jason Etherington, Global L&D Sales Training Strategy Manager at Xerox
With Synthesia, Jason and his team are now able to create short-form sales training videos in several languages. The videos are uploaded to Xerox's learning platform, enabling the training of over 1000 sales representatives worldwide.
Here's what Jason values most about Synthesia:
- Flexibility: once created, a video can be easily updated at any time, without having to start from the beginning.
- Cost-effectiveness: The cost of localising content and hiring voice-over artists has been significantly reduced.
- Product updates: Synthesia STUDIO is rapidly evolving, adding new features and video creation capabilities weekly.
Since we started working with Synthesia, we have seen massive improvements in reducing production time. - Jason Etherington, Global L&D Sales Training Strategy Manager at Xerox
After 1.5 years of using Synthesia, Xerox's training program has seen noticeable improvements. Here are the results:
- Cost savings: Reducing localisation and voice-over expenses with Synthesia, the team was able to cut video production costs by 50%.
- Time savings: With Synthesia, the team is now able to deliver training content 30% faster than previously.
- Increased learner engagement: Synthesia videos have proven to be more engaging, resulting in higher participation in the learning program.
Salespeople require engaging training content. With Synthesia's avatars and voice-overs, we can facilitate quicker knowledge transfer. - Jason Etherington, Global L&D Sales Training Strategy Manager at Xerox
In the future, Xerox plans to continue leveraging Synthesia, exploring new ways to further enhance its sales training and reduce costs.